Education of Tibetan refugee children became one of our most important priority. The Comic Relief (UK based Charitable Organisation) has funded £131,000 for project, the Education for Tibetan Refugee Children in India, Nepal and Bhutan. The purpose of the programme were to strengthen Tibetan Culture and language skills and develop teacher's skill in teaching Tibetan and counselling and career guiding. The above activities were planned for the benefit of 77 Tibetan refugee schools in India, Nepal and Bhutan with over 40,000 Tibetan children studying in these schools.
The program comes at a time when Tibetan education is exile was undergoing a decline in their academic performances in general and in particular to Tibetan language and culture. Many of the activities identified under each component are very much relevant to the needs of the community as well as to the changing education policy. The project has made available for the first time, the translated class VII & VIII Mathematics and Science textbook in Tibetan. The project has provided basis for development of own textbook under new Basic Education Policy. Similarly purchase and production of teaching aids & reading materials for all schools.
Become a Sponsor
- PAYMENT OPTION 1
- Pay Online as a Recurring Payment
- PAY £18 - Every month
- PAY £54 - Every 3 months
- PAY £216 - Once a Year
- PAYMENT OPTION 2
- Sponsorship Application - Pay By Mail
- Fill out and mail with your cheque or money order.
- Download and print sponsorship form
- PAYMENT OPTION 3
- Tibet House Trust Standing Order
- If you would like to make a regular contribution to the work of the 'Tibet House Trust' please consider filling in the Standing Order below:
- Download Standing Order Form (Please return to Tibet House Trust and not your bank).