Sponsor a Child from one of the Schools of the Department of Education (DOE)
The Department of Education (DoE) is the highest central administrative authority responsible for the educational affairs of Tibetans in exile. Situated in Dharamsala, India, the DoE provides support for the educational and welfare needs of thousands of Tibetan refugee students in 80 Tibetan Schools in India, Nepal and Bhutan. Comprised of both residential and day schools, they range from pre-primary to senior secondary level. With the help of various foreign donors and sponsors, the DoE is currently supporting approximately 2650 students.
We are thankful to all the sponsors and donors for their assistance over many years. As a result of this support, thousands of children have been able to attend school and many have completed their education successfully. More sponsors are needed as the number of impoverished children and new arrivals swell the ranks of the exile schools"
The schools overseen by the Department of Education and are:
CST - Central School for Tibetans
TCV - Tibetan Children Village
STS - Sambotha Tibetan Schools Society
THF - Tibetan Homes Foundation
SLF - Snow Lion Fundation
Become a Sponsor
- PAYMENT OPTION 1
- Pay Online as a Recurring Payment
- PAY £18 - Every month
- PAY £54 - Every 3 months
- PAY £216 - Once a Year
- PAYMENT OPTION 2
- Sponsorship Application - Pay By Mail
- Fill out and mail with your cheque or money order.
- Download and print sponsorship form
- PAYMENT OPTION 3
- Tibet House Trust Standing Order
- If you would like to make a regular contribution to the work of the 'Tibet House Trust' please consider filling in the Standing Order below:
- Download Standing Order Form (Please return to Tibet House Trust and not your bank).